Details on the HLLQP program, what to expect and how to obtain your certification.
What is HLLQP?
The Harmonized Life License Qualification Program (HLLQP) provides training for a career in selling life insurance and related financial products.
- The HLLQP program is valid for one year from the date of registration. All certification exams must be passed within this period to be eligible for the provincial exams.
What are my purchasing options?
- Flat Fee - $325
- Subscription - $130 (One Time - Activation Fee) + $30 (Recurring Monthly Charge)
- Instructor Lead Training - $599 (Course + Guided Live Instruction)
- Independent Webinar - $329, plus tax
**Please note: Provincial Examination and Licensing Fees are separate and are not included in the flat fee or subscription pricing options.
Link to Purchase:
Note: You must have a CIPR # to register.
For more information on this, please click the link below:
How do I get started?
Step 1: Ensure you have your CIPR number on hand. If you do not have one, please follow the instructions in the link below to obtain one.
Step 2: Make an informed decision on how you wish to pay/take the course per the breakdown above.
If the material provided here proves insufficient, you may contact our support team for help! Details provided at the bottom of this page.
Visit the link below to make your purchase:
- You will receive a receipt and a confirmation code from the system to the contact method of your choosing. This is a basic security measure to confirm your contact method.
- Don't forget to add your CIPR # into the field available in your profile. If this isn't provided, we'll be reaching out as you will not be eligible for the provincial exams without this!
Step 4: Complete your course material!
The course consists of 5 modules: Taxation, Ethics & Professional Practice, Accident & Sickness, Life Insurance, and Segregated Funds & Annuities. The Taxation module is not tested on its own but is tested within the other 4 modules.
For an account walkthrough, click here:
To complete the course, you must do the following for each of the 4 tested modules:
- Complete the learning activities
- Score 70% on the Mock Exam (You have 99 attempts)
- Complete the Attestation
- Score 60% on the Certification Exam
Once you have passed all four Certification Exams, we will confirm your passing grade with CIPR and send you a congratulatory email within one business day that includes information on how you can book your provincial examination.
Step 5: Book, take, and successfully pass your provincial examination with your provincial regulator.
Step 6: Pay and apply for your license with your regulator!
**Note: All applicants require sponsorship from an insurance company - the specifics on documentation required are available on your provincial regulator's website. We would highly recommend having a conversation with your direct supervisor or manager with regard to sponsorship or licensing.
If you are looking to split your training between A&S and Top-Up, or if you are already a licensed professional for A&S insurance, please visit the link below.
Your Support Resources:
A comprehensive Knowledge Base:
This knowledge base is also accessible by interacting with our chatbot.
Click on the red widget on the website, or in your account!
It looks like this:
This bot's search is based on keywords, hopefully, locating the article containing the steps you need.
This little guy is pretty smart, but sometimes you need to talk to a real person.
Luckily, we have those too!
You have access to a full team of dedicated Client Specialists and Academic Advisors whose #1 objective is your success.
The bot can connect you live during business hours or submit a ticket outside of business hours.
Monday - Friday (Excluding Statutory Holidays)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST.